Fri, 17 Feb|
Oman Sports Club - Al Khuwair, Muscat
Oman Touch 6s
1st International Touch Rugby Tournament held in Oman as an Open squad event and is designed to encourage, showcase and promote Touch Rugby/Football within Oman and the GCC.
Time & Location
17 Feb, 08:00 GMT+4 – 18 Feb, 08:00 GMT+4
Oman Sports Club - Al Khuwair, Muscat, way number 3534 Bldg Number 2853 Dar Al Massarah Bldg. Alkhuwair, مسقط،, مسقط، Oman
About the event
Rugby in Oman is growing and we wish to generate a platform to showcase the skill and ability that is becoming abundantly clear in the Sultanate and surrounding nations.
Please see the following brief highlights below:
- The event will be held across 2 days - Friday 17th & Saturday 18th February, 2023 (Thursday evening will also hold registration), at the Oman Sports Club - Muscat Al Khuwair.
- We are holding 2 Divisions - An OPEN & WOMENS There will be a cap on the number of teams set at 16 for the OPEN, and 8 for the Womens, so get your team(s) together, register, and pay ASAP to secure your entry!
- Early registration is OMR 150 (OPEN) per team, OMR 100 (WOMENS) before February, and OMR 200 (OPEN) and OMR 150 (WOMENS) after. Registrations close on Monday February 12th or sooner if all spots are filled. Teams and individuals do not need to be Oman Rugby registered or affiliated to participate in this event. Women can play in both divisions.
- WOMENs Division - Has been cancelled as of 10th February 2023 - we apologise for this.
- As we all know, a great tournament requires great referees. Each team entry should include an accredited or under observation referee*.
- Referees will be paid for the event, and if committed to early enough we will cover travel & accommodation for them. We will be offering a couple of video clinics for those who join the referee team over the next 2 months to answer questions and brush up on rules and skills as a group. Our Touch Tuesdays open nights are for people wishing to learn the full rules set as either a referee or player. Refereeing is a great way to be a part of the action supporting your team.*If you are unable to provide a referee please contact us to discuss prior to the event. Referees can submit this form to register there details: Click Here
- We have negotiated great hotel rates for travelling players and teams at the Park Inn Muscat - 5 minute walk from the pitch. All attendees who stay at the facility will receive free airport shuttles (subject to arrangement) and Bed & breakfast at a very competitive rate. No need to hire a car or drive. What a deal! Rooms are not unlimited, so be quick to book this deal using code OMANTOUCHEVENT.
Full details including; An abbreviated rules, FAQs and Competition rules, are all in the Information Pack file link:
I look forward to welcoming you to the tournament. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions or comments.
Team Registration - Open Div
+US$9.75 service fee
Enter a team into the Oman Touch 6s, this ticket covers a squad of 14 for the Open division - Price is OMR 150 ($390)
+US$9.75 service fee
Open Div - Individual Reg
+US$0.73 service fee
Want to play but do not have a team? This is our Barbarians option that will enable us to create a barbarians team on the tournament day! Bring yourself along and get ready to create a unique team at the Oman Touch 6s - This ticket covers the Friday and Saturday Mixed Division Event Tickets are In USD - if manual payments are made it is 10 OMR
+US$0.73 service fee0